One of the common issues faced by Canon printer owners while trying to print a document is Canon printer not responding error. This is usually experienced by users using Windows 10 but if you have already faced the issue and want to resolve the matter and don’t know how to resolve it then you are in the perfect page. With the help of this article, you will be able to resolve the matter on your own. But before going on that part, at first, let’s know the causes due to which you are getting this error. After that, you will be walked through the solutions part.
Reasons For Canon Printer Not Responding Error Issue
The issue is particularly restricted to users using a wireless LAN environment through the wired connection may experience a similar issue. Here is the list of common causes that generally give rises to this particular issue.
- Improper port configuration with the printer driver.
- Selecting an incorrect access point during the initial setup.
- Interference by the third party firewall or antivirus software.
- USB port connectivity issue.
Once you become aware of the causes due to which you are getting this error. Now, let’s focus on the troubleshooting hacks.
How To Resolve The Issue Of Canon Printer Not Responding:
It is quite annoying if suddenly your printer stops responding out of the blue. Here we have discussed some simple solution which can help you fix the issues like Canon printer not responding. These solutions are particularly helpful for resolving device-related problems like Canon MX920 printer not responding.
Solution 1: Rebooting Your Network Connection
Before going for more elaborate technical solutions, check the basic causes that may prevent your printer from working normally. First of all, check if your printer is properly connected to the same wireless network as your PC. Also, make sure that there is a proper wired connection between the computer and the printer without any loose ends. Now restart your printer and your network connection to see if the problem is fixed.
Solution 2: Using The Printer Troubleshooter
Use the printer Troubleshooter to find and solve the issue of the printer not responding. To use printer troubleshooter follow the below mentioned steps:
- Press Windows + R keys to launch Run Command Box. Type the command “control.exe/name Microsoft. Troubleshooting” and press Enter to open Windows Troubleshoot.
- Inside Troubleshoot, scroll down and choose Printer and Run the troubleshooter.
Wait for some time while the troubleshooter detects the problems related to your printer driver. In case if any issue is found click on Apply this fix button and follow the wizard instructions to complete the repair process.
- Restart your computer to check if all the changes have taken effect and the issue has been resolved.
If the issue is not resolved then continue with the other methods mentioned below.
Solution 3: Disable 3rd Party Firewall
Many a time, the issue is caused for an overprotective Firewall by the third-party antiviruses like Mcafee, AVG, Avira or sometimes by dedicated firewalls like GlassWire, Comodo Free etc.
This issue can be fixed by blocking the spooler subsystem app which makes the wireless connection hard to use. You can also try disabling the firewall function which filters the connections. Another solution to fix this issue quickly is to uninstall the application from Programs and features.
Go to Programs and Features window under Control Panel and select the third party application that you want to uninstall. After uninstalling the Antivirus, Windows Firewall will automatically start monitoring the incoming and outgoing data packages. If this solution did not fix the issue proceed with the next solution mentioned below.
Solution 4: Restart Printer Spooler Services
Spooler service of a printer manages all printing jobs as well as the communication between your printer and the computer. So, it can happen that, you can encounter canon printer not responding issue with your printer. In that case, you can restart the printer spooler service in order to resolve the issue without any hazard. To reset this service do the following thing:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R at the same time to launch the Run dialogue box.
- Now, type the “services.msc” in the Run dialogue box and Hit Enter to continue.
- You will be able to see the services window.
- Now,tap on the Print spooler and after that, tap on the restart option.
- Once done, check whether you will be able to print any document using it or not. If you won’t be able to print anything then follow the next method given below.
Solution 5: Configure The Correct Port For Your Router
You can also connect the correct printer port in order to resolve the issue without any hazard. In that case, follow the instructions given below.
- In your keyboard, press the Windows logo key as well as the R key at the same time to launch the run dialogue box.
- Now, in the Run dialogue box, type the “control’ and hit Enter to continue.
- In the view by section, choose the option named Large icons.
- Now, tap on the Devices and Printers option.
- After that, place a right click on your Canon printer and after that, tap on the Printer properties.
- Now, tap on the Change Properties option.
- After that, tap on the port tab and make sure about several things as follows:
- It contains the name of your printer.
- This port contains “USB” or “DOT4” in the description, once you connect your printer with your USB.
- It also has “WSD“, “network” or “IP” in the description in case if you are using a network printer.
Once done, tap on the Apply.
8. After that, tap on the general tab as well as click on the Print Test Page to check whether you make the correct change or not.
If you won’t be able to resolve the canon printer not responding error after performing these step, then try to follow the next instruction given below.
Solution 6: Update Your Printer Driver
You can also update your printer driver, in order to resolve the issue. In that case, follow the instructions given below.
- Go to the start button and search for the “Update”.
- You will be able to see several search results. From that, choose the correct alternative which is “ Update Device Driver”.
- Here, you will be able to see all the installed drivers.
- From that list choose the printer driver.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update process.
After completing the update process, check the status of the error. This time, you will be surely able to troubleshoot the error on your own.
Hopefully, using these hacks and tricks you will be able to resolve the matter on your own. In this case, try to follow each and every step carefully, it is recommended not to jump any one of them. If you come across any hazard to perform the troubleshooting steps, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. If you like the post then hit in the like button.