Canon printers are very popular for having exclusive printing features at affordable prices. A large number of people likes to use Canon printers for both office and personal purposes. But there are certain difficulties that the users have often come across. Canon printer won’t print is one of the problems that has often been reported by the users. In this article, our Canon Printer Support team has given a brief description of this particular matter.
Without having a core knowledge of all the technical know-how, it can be quite hard to remove the printing glitches. But in order to avoid further troubles, it is necessary to eliminate the problem immediately. Keeping that in mind, our Canon support experts have come up with a few potential solutions to fix this issue for you. Therefore, you can go through this article thoroughly and find out the possible causes of this error and resolve it on your own.
Reasons For Canon Printer Won’t Print Issue
Due to several reasons, you can encounter this kind of errors with your Canon printer. For instance-
- Internet connection error- you can encounter this error if you have not connected with the proper internet connection
- Cartridge Error- you can also encounter this particular issue if you are using a wrong cartridge with your Canon printer.
- Paper jam Error- You can also encounter this error if a paper jam takes place into the canon printer.
- Ink Error- If your printer does not contain sufficient ink, then also you can encounter this kind of errors with your device.
- You can also encounter this type of errors due to your printing jobs. In that case, you should try to remove all printing jobs.
Well, after knowing the causes, at first, now let’s focus on the easy as well as remarkable solutions to fix this issue on your own. Here, experts have provided all of the possible solutions, try to go through it and troubleshoot the issue on your own.possible solutions, try to go through it and troubleshoot the issue on your own.
Solutions To Fix “Canon Printer Won’t Print” Problem Easily
Printer failing to print is a major concern that can actually restrict you from achieving your work goals or meeting the company deadlines. And some random troubleshooting steps can often lead your printer towards a more troublesome situation. Therefore, you have to look into the matter with an effective technical guidance to get rid of it. Read through the steps we have mentioned below and know how to fix a Canon printer that won’t print.
Method 1: Check The Connection
The first thing you need to do is, check the connection between your Canon printer and your computer. Because a poor connection can be the major reason behind the printing failure and you have to fix it to make it work. Whether it’s a wireless printer or a wired one, you need to take a look if the network and cables are strongly connected to both the devices.
Method 3: Replace The Cartridges
There is a possibility that your Canon printer is running out of ink. So whenever the printer drivers send the print request to the printer, it fails to perform due to lack of ink. Therefore, remove the ink cartridges and install the new ones on your Canon printer. Now check if the problem still exists on your system.
Method 2: Reinstall The Printer Drivers
Sometimes, the faulty or obsolete printer drivers can also be the reason behind the print failure. As printer drivers are the most essential things through which the computer sends the printing request to the printer. And if they are not compatible with your printer, problems may arise. In that case, you have to uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it correctly.
Method 3: Check The Printer Status
You can also encounter this error if the status of your printer is not correct. In that case, you have to be sure about that, your printer has enough paper, ink or toner. And it does not contain paper jam. In that case, you can also try to check whether you have replaced the printer cartridge correctly. In some cases, you can also try to check the individual parts of your printer, if you find any glitch there, try to resolve it at first.
Method 4: Cancel All Printing Jobs
You can also try to cancel all printing jobs to avoid this error on your own. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, on your keyboard, type the Windows + R at the same time to launch the run dialogue box.
- In the box type “control panel”.In the control panel, place a right click in the canon printer section and select the printing jobs.
- After this process done, Open Printer menu as well as select Open As Administrator.
- Once done, try to open the printer menu and now select the option named “ Cancel All Documents”.
- Once done, confirm the changes.
- After deleting all of the printing jobs, try to check whether it is running normally or not.
If not then go for the next method given below.
Method 5: Set Your Printer As A Default One
You can also fix this particular issue by setting your printer as a default one. In that case,try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R simultaneously to launch the Run dialogue box.
- In the dialogue box, type Control and hit enter to continue.
- Control panel window will open.
- In the control, pane Window choose the option named Devices and Printers.
- In the printer window, place a right click against your Canon printer and select it as your default one.
- Once prompted click on the Yes button.
- Now, you will be able to see a checked box against your Canon printer, it means, you are successful to set your canon printer as your default one.
Hopefully, using these methods, you will be able to fix the issue ion your own with ease. If not or if you face any kind of inconvenience with your printer, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. But in this case, take note that, you have to follow all of the steps carefully, it is recommended not to jump any one of them. In some cases, you can also contact the experts for further guidance.