Despite producing amazing printing ranges in the global market, Canon products are not so much user-friendly, as a result, sometimes users of it are not aware of how to connect Canon printer to Mac. If you are one of those confused users who are not aware of the detailed process, then you can follow this article to the end. It consists of several guidelines to perform the action with ease. But before focusing on that part, at first, let’s focus on the possible reasons to perform this action with your device. After that, you will be walked through the solutions process.
Probable Reasons Causing The Error
When you try to connect your Canon printer to the Mac device, you might often face serious glitches. Encountering issues with printers can be really painful. This problem might be caused due to various reasons.
- The printer software or drivers are not updated or incompatible.
- Your printer is having some network or connection problem.
- The Mac device might malfunction.
- Your Mac device cannot recognize the printer due to some technical faults.
After knowing the causes, now let’s focus on the easy methods to learn how to connect Canon printer to Mac with ease.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac – Easy Methods
You can connect your wireless printer with your Mac device using the methods mentioned below.
In order to start the installation process, at first, make sure that your printer is Air print enabled., once you recognize that, your printer is Air print enabled, it means you don’t need any extra software to connect your printer. Once you are done checking the pre-requisite, let’s see how to connect Canon wireless printer to Mac.
Step 1: Check If Your Printer Is Available
If you noticed that your printer and the mac are already connected to the same network, then follow the instructions given below.
- At first, select file and then invoke in the print option.
- Now, tap on the printer popup menu and select the Nearby Printers or Printer & Scanner preferences.
- Once done, choose your printer.
- In this case, if you notice that, your printer is not available, then you can add it.
Step 2: Update The Software
If you don’t have the Air print, then, you have to update your software using the steps mentioned below.
- At first, go to the Apple menu and then invoke in the App store.
- Once done, click on the update option.
- You will be able to see a list of updates.
- After that, install any software update listed.
- If you able to see no update appears in the screen, i\t means your printer software is in the updated state.
If your printer is Air print enabled then you don’t have to check for the software update.
Step 3: Prepare Your Printer
Once you complete the previous process, you have to prepare your printer by unpacking it as well as installing ink or toner and add a paper. After that, turn your printer on and make sure that your printer is not showing any errors.
Step 4: Connect Your Printer
Once you complete the preparation process with your printer. You have to connect your printer with the network also. In this case, if you are using a WiFi printer, you may need to connect the printer with your Mac, with the help of the USB cable or the WiFi printing. Once you connect your printer with your Mac using the steps mentioned below.
- Choose Apple menu and go to the system preferences.
- Once done, click on the system preferences as well as tap on the printers and scanners.
- If you won’t be able to see your printer in the list, then tap on the + button at the bottom of that list.
- Now, you will be able to see a dialogue box will appear with the list with available printers on your local printer.
After completing these methods, you will be able to connect your printer wireless with your Mac.
In that case, if you want to connect your printer using the IP address. In that case, do the following:
- Go to the Apple menu and focus on the system preferences. After that, tap on the printers and scanners.
- After that, tap on the + button from the printers list, then tap on the IP, after that, enter the printer information.
- Now, tap on the protocol popup menu as well as enter a protocol which your printer supports.
Once done, you will be able to connect your printer with the network connection.
Summing It Up
Hopefully, using these guidelines you will be able to figure out how to connect Canon printer to Mac. If you have any further queries against the steps provided in this article, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. In that case, take note that, in order to resolve the matter you have to follow each and every step carefully. Don’t jump any one of them. If you have liked the post then hit the like button.