Many users have frequently reported about the “BitDefender unable to connect to server” glitch. To be more specific, the proxy server prevents BitDefender from accessing the internet. This issue can occur if you do not update files on your computer completely. Incomplete installation of BitDefender can restrict it from connecting to the server. The problem can also arise when you enter wrong proxy information.
Therefore, through this article, we have come along with some of the most accurate fixes that will help you to get rid of the “BitDefender account unable to connect to server” error notification with ease.
What Makes Bitdefender Unable To Connect To Server?
There are several factors that may result in the BitDefender server failure. Take a look at some of them right below:
- There might be an authentication error concerning the proxy server.
- If malware or virus is present on your computer, you can face this problem.
- Broken ethernet ports or damage in the ethernet cable can be a vital factor.
- The problem can happen because you have not cleared the cache of your browser.
- The existing version of your Bitdefender may be incompatible with the proxy server.
- An obsolete operating system, Windows or device drivers can be the other causes.
- The existing Firewall and antivirus programs on your PC can interfere with BitDefender.
Strategies To Fix BitDefender Account Unable To Connect To Server
So, now that you are well aware of the various factors that can influence error in BitDefender, you can move to the solutions. Though you can find a lot of solutions to this error, not all of them appears to be equally helpful. Hence, through this article, we have come up with some of the most accurate solutions that will help you to fix the error with ease. So, we recommend you to go through the below-mentioned methods and resolve the BitDefender glitch at the earliest.
Solution 1: Reinstall BitDefender
This is the very first solution that you can try to fix the BitDefender error in your device. So, we recommend you to uninstall Bitdefender and perform a clean installation. This can turn out to be the best effective method to fix the BitDefender issue instantly. Most of the time, if you are using the obsolete version of BitDefender, the system comes up with certain error messages. So, a clean installation can possibly resolve many of them.
Solution 2: Update Windows OS
The outdated version of your Windows Operating System can also cause the same issue with BitDefender. In case you are using an outdated Windows OS version, several problems may pop-up. Like all other software in your device, your Operating System also requires an update. Better yet, when you install the latest version of your Operating System, you get to experience the enhanced performance of your device. Besides, it removes the minor errors in your device. Therefore, updating Windows in a regular interval is the best possible way to avoid such Windows troubles. We recommend you to download the latest Windows Operating System version and install it on your device to fix the glitch. And for that, you can follow the complete instructions right below.
- To begin with the process, you need to click on the Start button.
- Then, you can move to the settings section.
- Now, you can select the Update and security option.
- After that, you will require to click on the Windows Update option.
- Next, you have to select the Check for updates option.
- Here, you will get to see the available update file appearing on the screen of your device.
- Then, you need to wait untill the installation process completes.
- After that, you can restart your Windows device and check if this helps to resolve the error.
Solution 3: Clear Browser Cache
Gradually, the browser you use in the device develops some cache file in the storage. Sometimes, the cache memory of your web-browser creates several troubles on your device. In that case, it is recommended to clear cache and history to get rid of the problem. So, we recommedn you to clear the cache of your browser and ensure that you have the permission to access the proxy server. For that, you can follow the complete instructions given below.
- To start off with the process, you will require to go to the Chrome menu.
- Then, you can move to the Settings.
- Next, you need to locate the Advanced option.
- Here, you can see the Time Range option. Now, you can move to the drop-down menu section.
- After that, you need to click on the All-time option.
- Then, you have to select the Cookies and site data option.
- Next,m you will find the Cached images and files option.
- Now, you can click on the Clear data option.
- Finally, you can exit your Chrome browser and then check if this method helps to fix the error.
If the above tricks do not fix the “Bitdefender unable to connect to server” issue then follow the steps below.
- Download the patch and select a location wherever you want to save it.
- Run the patch and wait until the confirmation dialog box appears then click OK.
- Go to Programs and choose BitDefender Enterprise Manager then select BitDefender Update Server. Ensure that you have put the correct information about the proxy server.
- Your browser will start downloading the patch. The patch will restore the proxy server issues. It will implement a mechanism for incomplete update files and check all minor errors for this issue. It will give up-to-date information about the update process of these files.
Therefore, these are some of the most accurate fixes to avoid “BitDefender unable to connect to server” error notification appearing on your screen. Hence, we recommend you to implement all these methods to get rid of the issue in no time.