AOL mail is renowned and widely used free email app. It is a division of Verizon Communication. Also, it is used by millions of users across the globe. May it be official or unofficial it is abundantly accepted for domestic as well as professional work purposes. Moreover, with the advancement in technical abilities and updates, users sometimes find it hard to look for the necessary things that they used to do with the older versions. AOL is well known for its benefits. However, users often encounter some errors. Technical glitches including AOL won’t open are some of its common issues. In such a situation, you can follow the solutions given below.
Why AOL Won’t Open? Major Reasons
The problem with AOL is common with every AOL user. Often the launcher fails to load or hangs between processes. This happens mainly due to the error from the setup file or registry files on your system. Often there is undetected malware on your system which may get trespassed from your USB or other shared files in your drive. This, in turn, affects the system files, corrupts them and thus the launcher gets interrupted from starting.
Moreover, there are issues from installing third party software application which sometimes miss a necessary file. This, in turn, contributes to launcher failure. Hence, it is often recommended to download the softwares from the official websites trial or premium whatever the requirement might be.
How To Fix AOL won’t Open Issues | Stepwise methods
Whatever be the reason behind AOL failing to open, you can try these proven steps to fix the issue. Follow these stepwise procedures. At first, try restarting your system before you begin with troubleshooting. Make sure there are no temporary glitches.
Solution 1: Re-Installation
If you are unable to launch AOL, remove the program from your system and install a new copy. You can do this by downloading a fresh file online. Once it is downloaded, create an AOL disc with the software from the AOL website. Installing a fresh copy eliminate any pre-existing software problem within your system. The new copy can start as soon as you install it and the settings will be pre-saved by the app.
Solution 2: Launch Option
Another way to fix AOL won’t open issue is to launch it from Windows instead of Pre-installed Shortcut from “Desktop.” Open “All Apps” from Start Menu on your system and select the “AOL Desktop Manager” Option and wait for it to respond. If it doesn’t respond to this execution, it can damage the program and needs a repair.
Install New ACS
Even if the AOL doesn’t launch, the AOL icon should appear on the taskbar. From this icon, you can right-click and easily move into its settings. Re-install the AOL connectivity service and connect it to the internet. ACS is the app that will help us in connecting to AOL online. Next, do the following steps:
- Choose system information by right-clicking on the AOL icon.
- Now select Utilities
- Select “Start” next to process shutdown option and click ok.
- Open your installed OS drive and open the “program files” folder.
- Next move to “common files” from there, then AOL, then click on Uninst.exe to uninstall and click ok.
- Next, from Start Menu, open another window and move to the OS file folder, then program and then AOL folder.
- Now click on “Backup,” ACS will roll back and finish its installation wait for it to finish.
- After that reboot your system.
Solution 3: Remove The Antivirus Application
Possibly, you won’t be able to open the AOL in your device when the antivirus application installed in your device interrupts the software. At times, you may find the antivirus application causing some errors in your device. This is because the antivirus application can cause conflict with other softwares in your device. Hence, you can fix it by removing the antivirus software from your device. For that, you can follow the instructions right below.
- To begin with the process, you need to start your computer device in Safe Mode.
- Then, you need to press and hold the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time in your device.
- Next, you need to type in the following command appwiz.cpl and then you can proceed with the OK button.
- After that, you need to click on the application you want to uninstall from your device.
- Now, you can click on the Uninstall/Remove button to uninstall the software from your Windows device.
- After that, you can check if this method helps to resolve the issue in your device.
Solution 4: Restore Your Windows Device
Apart from that, you can receive the same error in your device with the issue in your latest system update. SO, to resolve it, you can restore your Windows device and check if this helps. For that, you can have a look right below at the instructions.
- To begin with the process, you need to need to swipe in from the right side of your screen.
- Then, you can move to the Settings.
- Next, you need to select the Update and recovery option.
- Now, you can click on the Recovery button.
- Then, you have to go to the Remove everything section. Here, you need to click on the Reinstall Windows.
- After that, you can go through the instructions provided on the screen.
- Then, you can restart your device and you will get back to the factory version of your device.
Therefore, these are some of the most accurate solutions that you should implement to get rid of the AOL mail won’t open error notification appearing on the screen. Hence, we recommend you to execute all these methods and check if you are still getting the same issue in your device.