Resetting Asus router will help it start from scratches easily to work at optimal levels. You can reset Asus router when there are internet connectivity issues. After upgrading your internet speed, you may feel that you are not getting the required speed. Hence, you may find a necessity to reset your router. It will also help you regain access to your router’s web interface when you forget the password. This article will determine the ways for resetting Asus wireless router.
For any further opinion, connect with us. Our well-equipped Asus router customer service is here to guide you regarding any technical issues related to Asus router.
Things To Remember While Initiating The Procedure
There are a number of things, you should remember after performing the reset process with your system. They are listed below.
Caution 1: Sure About The Internet Connection
Once you come across an internet connection error, then at first, Make sure that your modem or internet service provider is not the source of the problem for slow internet connection.
Caution 2: Avoid Resetting The Overheated Router
If you want to reset a router, then be sure about that, you are not resseting an overheated router. Update the router’s firmware to fix all the internal faults in the router.
Caution 3: Don’t Unplug Your Router
If you unplug or turn off your router during the reset, it will damage the router permanently. So, try to avoid the unplugging process while performing a reset process. If you encounter any hazard then, try to wait for some time.
Caution 4: Think About The Download Speed
Limit too much traffic from accessing your router and slightly lower the router’s download speed. So, you have to think about the number of traffic who are accessing your router after performing a reset process with your system.
Caution 4: Your Personal Settings Will Be Changed
Once you reset Asus router, the Wifi/SSID username and password and the security type will change to default settings. If you don’t want to do so then you can avoid this process.
Caution 5: Some Extra Hazard
- You will need to re-enter the ISP username and password while using a DSL connection.
- Resetting of Asus router will erase the configurations in relation to port forwards or firewall settings.
Methods To Reset Asus Router
You can reset your Asus Router using two methods. Here, are those two solutions. Try to go through it and perform a reset process without any hazard. In that case, take note that, you can reset your router by two way. The first one is using the web browser and the second one is a manual process.
Method 1: Using A Web Browser
At first, you can perform a reset process with your Asus router using your web browser. To perform so, follow the instructions given below.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of a web browser. And Hit Enter to continue.
- You will be taken to the developer’s webpage.
- In this page, you will be able to notice a place to enter the username and password. Type ‘admin’ in the place of both default administrator username and password.
- In the ‘Advanced Settings’ menu select ‘Administration’. When you will click the Restore button, a confirmation dialog box will appear. Click Ok in that box to start the reset of your router.
If you are not tech savvy enough to complete the reset process using the browser, then you can also pick up the alternative solution given below.
Method 2: Manual Process
You can also try to reset your router manually. In that case, You will need to press the Reset button on your Asus router and hold it until its power light flashes. It will reset the settings of your router and will restart the router using the steps mentioned below.
- On the back side of your router, find out the reset button of your router.
- After locating the reset button, using a paper clip, press and hold the restore button for some time.
- Once done, release the reset button and wait until your router completes the reboot process.
- After completing with the factory reset process, the power light of the router will stop blinking and it will light a solid green. In some cases, you can also notice that your route is lighting a solid white color.
- After performing the reset process. As soon as you access the router next time, the initial setup screen will appear. Here you will be able to log in to your router with the default username and password.
- Replace the default password with a strong one and set up the Wifi on the Asus router.
Hopefully, using these methods, you become able to reset Asus router with ease. In that case, to complete the troubleshooting process hazard freely, try to perform all of the steps carefully. It is recommended not to jump any one of them. If you have any further queries about the steps then you can leave a comment below.