AVG is all in one antivirus which is famous across the globe for its exceptional features. It shields your device from malicious software, virus, etc. Also, it protects your device from a cyber attack such as ransomware malware. Despite being this unbeatable features, it has some technical glitches. AVG installation failed issue is one such glitch. While installing AVG antivirus program, you may encounter different error codes like 0x80070091, 0xcoo7o643, etc.
Possible Reasons For AVG Installation Failed
If you have installed AVG antivirus program in your device, then you may come across various error messages regarding installation error. It occurs due to some reasons, they are-
- Malicious Software– If your device has any malicious software then it restricts your device from installing the antivirus program. To put in a different way, this software corrupt the system files.
- Pirated Version– Make sure you have the licensed version of the antivirus. As a matter of fact, using the pirated version of the antivirus program may bring additional error during the installation process.
Apart from this, if you already have an antivirus program installed in your system. Then it might restrict the installation of the antivirus software.
Easy Solutions To Fix AVG Installation Failed
AVG installation error is a software error which is very serious and needs to be solved immediately. Resolving the same on your own may become a difficult task to perform. Hence, we have suggested some methods for you to troubleshoot the issue in the easiest way.
Solution 1: For Common Installation Error
At first, save all your work, and then close all the running programs in the background. After that, you need to download the AVG reset access tool. Now run the downloaded file, and then tap on Accept to confirm the license agreement. At last, hit on Continue option to apply the fix and restart your device. After performing this step, if you can’t resolve the matter on your own then try to go for the next method given below.
Solution 2: Using Default Uninstaller
You can also try to uninstall the software using the default uninstaller. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, place a right click against the entry of AVG Antivirus.
- You will be able to see a list of options.
- Then click on Uninstall.
- You will be able to see a new window popped up with a list. From that list, search for the AVG Internet Security.
- Once done, lace a right click on it and then click on the Uninstall option.
- You will be able to see a UAC prompt, after that, click on the option against Yes.
- Click on Uninstall.
After completing the step, you will be able to see a Window pops up showing the confirmation message about the AVG uninstallation. Click on the yes option and wait for few secounds.
Once done, your device will start uninstalling the AVG software and that time, you will be able to encounter several optional survey questions.
After completing the whole process, it will ask you to restart your computer, you can perform the restart process now or later.
Now, check whether you have completed the troubleshooting process or not. If not then try some other methods given below. In some cases, you can also notice this error as an error code 0xcoo7o643.
Solution 3: For AVG Install Error 0xcoo7o643
Sometimes AVG removal tool fails to fix the error. In such case, you can apply the below steps to remove all the third-party apps and drivers. And then run the AVG removal tool.
Step1: Open the Start menu and then tap on the Power button.
Step2: Press the Shift key on your keyboard and then choose the restart option from the menu. Also, you can click on the power button icon
Step3: Now you will able to see three options. First, choose to troubleshoot then select advanced options and then startup settings and at last click the Restart button.
Step4: During the restart process, you will find a list of options to choose, select Safe Mode with Networking by pressing F5 on your keyboard.
Step 5: Once done, now, try to uninstall the software in the safe mode.
Hope the above methods will help you to resolve the AVG Installation Failed problem. Try this method only if you are good at handling the system. Alternatively,you can also choose the next method given below.
Solution 4: Uninstall AVG From The Control Panel
You can also try to uninstall the AVG software from the Control panel. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- On your keyboard,press the Windows key + R simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box.
- In the dialogue box, type control panel and hit Enter to continue.
- Once invoke in the control panel.Go to the Add or Remove Programs if you are using Windows XP, Vista or 7, Programs and features in case of Windows 8 and 8.1 and Windows 10.
- You will be able to see a list of installed AVG software.
- From that list, choose the software, which you want to uninstall.
- Place a left click on it. You will be able to see an option showing “ Uninstall”.
- Confirm uninstallation.
After this, you will be able to troubleshoot this bug on your own.
Hopefully, using these steps, you will be able to fix the particular issue on your own. If not or if you have any further queries you can leave a comment in the comment section. And in every case, it is recommended try to follow each and every step carefully. It is recommended not to jump anyone. Otherwise, you won’t be able to perform the troubleshooting steps with ease.